Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Work, Work, and Home

Worked today and taught a more beginner student with the help of a text book. Usually I hate working with beginner students because it is so boring but working out of a text book makes it much more fun. After going through the lesson the student was much more comfortable and spoke with less hesitation. Recently a company that makes games for Cell phones made a contract with the school I work at so I've been working with 2 employees of the company. It's fun because their job is just testing games on Cell phones, so they sit there all day and play games on cell phones it makes for interesting lesson.

After that lesson I headed to Shimbashi and met up with a new Private student. We met up and went to Jonathan's, which is a family style similar to Denny's in the US. I say Denny's in the US because the Denny's in Japan is a much more upscale restaurant then in the states. After his lesson I headed home.

One of the ways that products are marketed in Japan if through the use of Semi Trucks. These typically have a light up trailer that will show a Album cover and will have speakers attached that play the music of that artist. I guess in a busy area like Shinjuku this becomes a cost effective way of marketing a new CD or single to many people. Today I saw a Bus parked near the station that had many TV's mounted in it which ran non-stop adds for a new DS game, it was pretty cool.




No comments: