Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Guest house search, Work, Heat


I don't remember it being this hot when I was here in 2005. Maybe Global warming actually exists. There was a small earthquake in Chiba around 11:00 but I didn't even feel it. Went to check out 2 of the possible places I had found to live in. The first one in Nishi Nippori is really really really small. It was a guest house but a big one with maybe 20 people so it wasn't so good. After that I headed to Asakusa to look at the other option that I was considering. I met up with the guy that ran the place and he seemed pretty cool. He backpacked all over the world and had a lot of experience staying in guest house's. His guest house was also the only guest house where he wanted to meet everyone that moved in which really says a lot I think. The house was actually pretty nice and clean but it's a dormitory style so I told the guy I was looking for a private room. He told me about another building that he had available with private rooms. So we headed to Ueno which wasn't far and actually a better location for school and work. Unfortunately, due to the time that I'm moving in I won't be able to move directly into the Ueno room but I'll be able to stay in the dormitory for the weekend until the room in Ueno is available. When considering the cost of the room and the cost of food the home stay winds up being the best option so I'll be going back to the Home Stay in September. It's pretty good because I'm able to leave a lot of my stuff at the Home Stay so I'll only take what I really need.


Headed home and grabbed some Okonomiyaki for lunch and headed to work. Got home from work and that was the day.

No comments: