Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Work, Roomshare, and some clubs
















Headed to work and ran through a lesson. After that I headed to Shimura-sanchome where I met up with a girl that answered my roomshare add. We went to her apartment but It was literaly a room share not a house or apartment share like I had hoped. One of the ways to live in Japan is by doing a roomshare where you move into someone's apartment or house, typically you share the same room with a person like a dorm, but sometimes people will offer a private room in their house or apartment like I have now with my host family.

On the way home when I was changing stations I saw someone dressed up in a chicken outfit, I guess this was some promotion for a TV show or movie. Instead of heading straight home I stopped at the World Trade Center and headed to the top for a look around. It was sweet.

After Dinner I got a call from Charles telling me about some parties going on. So I headed out to Roppongi and met up with him at a club called Flower. Apparently there are many temple students that work there and we were able to get in free, but it was pretty much dead so we headed out around 10:00. From there we headed over to Azabu-Juban and went to a place called the Warehouse which we also had free passes too. I guess being a Wednesday and still a little early it was dead too. I didn't want to stay out all night but the time went by a little faster then I had anticipated and I left at 12:30 to head for the train home. While I was able to make it on the last train but it only went as far as Shiodome, the Yurikamome had stopped so I had a bit of a walk to get home. I need the exercise anyhow.

No comments: