Sunday, August 19, 2007

Moving, work, and moving

Got up this morning, got ready, grabbed my suitcase and headed to Asakusa. I got to the place where I met the manager last time but couldn't find the place so I called him and wondered around the streets looking for it till I was able to get there. Dropped my suitcase off and grabbed a Taxi back to the station cause the time I spent wondering the streets made me late for work.

Got to work about 20 minutes late but it was ok because no one had arrived yet. Later when the students arrived one of them told me about his experience in America and how he was amazed how people ate white rice with Soy sauce. He told me that soy sauce is like poison and if you drink one glass full you can die. Pretty crazy, I didn't know that. He also told me about Benihana which I always thought was a American "Japanese" restaurant, but turns out it was started by a Japanese actor and there is one in Tokyo. I'm interested to see the one in Tokyo and see if they use as much butter as is used in the US. I've mentioned the heat before, but I guess 2 days ago it hit a record high since 100 years ago! I donno, I still think Global Warming is a big scam.

After work I headed home like usual but the Oedo line from Shinjuku station had been stopped because of a "Accident" which means someone probably jumped in front of the train to end their life. It's weird to think about but although it's someone's life, it's seen more as an inconvenience then anything else, and it definitely was, I had to take a different line to get home where I had dinner and grabbed some stuff and headed to the guest house again.

Dormitory style living is really weird, good thing I'm only doing this for one day, I don't know if I could do it much longer then that.

No comments: