Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Movies, Last Final, and the Game Center

I took the movie "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" out from the library yesterday and watched it today. What a bad movie. I don't understand how that reached any level of popularity. I've heard people talk about how the book is good but the author wrote the screen play for this movie too. It was so bad and anyone that says otherwise is wrong... Dead wrong.

Headed to school around 5 and met up with another student to study a bit before the test. It was pretty easy but took a while cause it was all Essay. I'm glad the summer semester is finally over.

In the evening Kouros and I headed to the Game Center and played some games there. They have a whole wall of capsule toy vending machines. In that picture of the capsule toy machines you can also see the panda and a pig which are basically toy cars and a person can ride around the game center on. There is a wide verity of games but mostly fighting and racing games. One game that I have seen at most arcades and don't understand why is the Horse Racing game. Basically you train your horse and race it against other people playing the game and racing their horses. Maybe if I play it, it would be more fun but I can't see the entertainment value in this game or why it's popular.

1 comment:

Brendan Elliott (武戀殿・絵理夫) said...

Much of the script was written by Douglas Adams before he died, but it was finished up by someone else. I'm a big fan of the books and found the movie to be a bit better than I was expecting (I was expecting it to be worse). I think I still prefer the 6-episode BBC TV version of the first 2 books, with its state of the art computer graphics for the time (i.e. vectors). Anyway, you have to be able to appreciate its special type of witty humor to be able to appreciate it.