Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Study, Math, and Mega Teriyaki burger.






Got up and headed to school this morning on my day off to study for the Math placement test. From 9 to about 1 my friend and I studied the math placement study sheet provided by the school. Took the test and headed home.

One of the burgers that McDonald's has been advertising recently is the Mega Teriyaki burger. It's a rather large burger as you can see from the pictures. I put it on top of the DVD case for scale. For some reason I love eating giant burgers that just by looking at them I know I'm gonna be in pain after. I guess my main motivation for doing this is for the story that I'll be able to tell later, which is the same reason I ordered and ate a Whopper from Burger King with 5 patties of meat on it. Burger King opened a couple franchises in Japan in the past but it failed, they have recently opened 2 new franchises in Shinjuku and Ikebukoro so we'll see if the King is able to pull it off this time.

Some people ask why I would want to eat a burger when I have all this other great Japanese food to choose from. I guess it's the same reason that you eat foods from different countries when living in the US, you want variety. I love Japanese food, and I think it's the best food in the world. It's healthy and it tastes great, but every now and then I want to eat a burger.
It's the 4th of July, so they have big fireworks displays at the different military bases in Japan but that's about it. I wanted to see Transformers today but everyone I know is either out partying or catching up on homework.
Also Happy Birthday Dad.

No comments: