Saturday, July 14, 2007

Work, Onsen, hanging out with the locals

Today I had work from 2-7 but since it was raining so much only a few students came in and I was able to do all my Japanese homework and get paid, so it worked out great.

After work I headed to the Onsen where I met up with Kuros, his family, and our host parents. Being Swiss they primarily speak French but were also fluent in English. It was fun meeting his brothers and cousin, and Parents, plus it was cool cause Kuros and I were like the guides cause we know the place so well. We went to the restaurant that we visited the first time and enjoyed Shabu Shabu. A Typhoon is sweeping across Japan and has flooded the south western part of Japan, so when we left that night it was raining heavily.

When we got back there were some people hanging out in the lobby at our Apartment and Kuros and I hung out with them, played Uno, and practiced our Japanese.

1 comment:

Brendan Elliott (武戀殿・絵理夫) said...

That typhoon caused our original flight to Japan to be canceled. Finally made it to Osaka 2 days later than planned... Just made it back to the US on Friday.