Friday, July 27, 2007

School, Work, and a Club

Had my Japanese final this morning which went well. After that I headed home for a while till it was time for work. When I got to work I found my boss asleep at his desk and I had to wake him up. He told me that he set a alarm but it didn't work. After I woke him he fell back to sleep until the phone rang and then he was up for the day, it was pretty funny.

It's really hot recently and its difficult to go anywhere without sweating, which is probably a good part of the reason for the amount of drink machines around Tokyo.

After work I called my friend Charles and he told me about a party at a club called Salon De Sahara. Kouros and I headed out on the last train out of Daiba. The line normally goes straight to Shibuya where we were supposed to meet but I guess on the last train it only goes to Osaki before heading back. We waited in the train for it to continue but then heard the announcement that it was going back to where we started from so we got off the train thinking that the other trains had stopped. Luckily, the Yamanote line was still running and we packed into the train for 12 minutes and made it to Shibuya. When we got there we met up with Charles and tried for about 30 min to get a taxi but almost every taxi was full at that point cause the trains had stopped. We started walking in the direction of Akasaka which is where the club is and finally were able to get a cab and get there. Once we got there we wondered around the streets looking for this club and asking different people where it was. No one had heard of the club. Finally while we were regrouping and trying to figure out what to do a guy walked past that wanted to practice his English and said "Hello". We stopped him and asked him where the club was and he told us.
It was a large college party there and when we arrived there around 1 or 2 the place was still packed and there was a line out the building. Fortunately, because of a connection from Temple we were put on the list and able to get in at a discount. The place was packed wall to wall and it was hot. Most of the people there were from Sophia and Waseda Universities with some people from Temple as well. They had a couple DJ's keeping the place going at the front and some areas on the sides to sit and relax. I spent almost the entire night on the dance floor so I didn't see much else of the club. Shortly after we got there everyone was asked to move back from the front and two guys came to the front and started dancing. They were pretty good I guess and after then another set in white suits came and also did some dancing. The second set was better, mainly because of the white suits and the incorporation of moves done by Michael Jackson. Danced until morning and Kouros and I headed home around 5:30. It was a good night.

No comments: