Sunday, July 22, 2007

Work, Hair Cut, and buying some books


Today I had two private lessons at the school I work at and about 3 hours to kill in between.

I headed to Kinokuniya which is probably one of Japan's more famous bookstores, like Boarders in the US. There I picked up some books made to help study for the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) This test is basically what you have to take and pass if you want to prove your fluency in Japanese and work in any Job that would require you to speak Japanese. The one book is just a study book that comes with a CD to prat ice listening and the other is a copy of the test that was given last year. I might try for 2nd level this year depending on where I'm at Japanese wise in 2 to 3 more months.

After that I got my hair cut and as usual they cut it a little too short but my hair grows fast so I guess it's ok.

Burger King recently reopened in Japan and I headed there for something to hold me over till dinner. When I got there there was a line outside the building and as I waited in line some Japanese girls asked me what the best things were on the menu which I of course told them the Whopper, but I warned them that if they eat too much Burger King that they will get fat. The inside was much nicer then the Burger Kings in the US and had a modern feel to it.

After that I headed back to the school that I teach at and gave my last lesson and headed home.

1 comment:

Brendan Elliott (武戀殿・絵理夫) said...

Matt, Dan and I are currently studying to fail Level 1 of the JLPT. Both Matt and I passed Level 2 on our first try in the fall after returning from a year in Japan. You need to register in the next month and a half so you don't have 2-3 months to decide if you're going to take it. Good luck!