Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Turning in a paper, getting a test back, and starting the next project

Today I got my mid-term back from Intellectual Heritage and I got a B+ on it! I'm really happy with that. That class is pretty crazy so anything above a C I feel amazed. Turned in my second Essay paper and that was the class.

In race studies we broke up into groups for the class presentations that we need to do. My group is doing our presentation on Zainichi Koreans, which are Koreans who were born and raised in Japan. Like any other country Japan has prejudice but since the country is 99% Japanese the prejudice can seem stronger. I don't know too much about the prejudice that Japanese have for Koreans but I know there is some there. I guess this project will shed light on that for me.

After I headed home had dinner and watched TV. I think Japan has some of the best shows which are complemented by great commercials making the entire TV watching experience enjoyable. Today I watched one of my favorite shows "Oniyomi Dairy". I found out that channel 5 is a channel dedicated entirely to Minato-ku, a prefecture of Tokyo that I am currently living in. They had a couple people showing different parks or places in Minato-ku. I really enjoy the shows that they do that in because you are able to get familiar with the area that you live in and discover different restaurants or places that you might not otherwise find.

One thing that is kinda strange is that in the past two days I have really been starting to like Natto. I guess it's a aquired taste and I've aquired it. It's really good!

No comments: