Saturday, June 30, 2007

Moving, Dinner at Aqua City, and Club Flower

Today my host parents and I helped their son Hirofumi move into his new apartment. It's a Ritz Carlton apartment in Tokyo Midtown. His apartment is on the 5th floor and costs over $5000 a month. The pent house apartment there costs $20,000 a month. I guess it's my American mentality of wanting to own a house but I can't see myself paying that much to rent a apartment no matter how nice it is. His apartment is very cool and the building has a lot of nice facilities. There was a workout room with a sauna and Jacuzzi. They have a parking spot for bikes and cars. A lady gave us a tour of the building and when we walked through the garage we saw a Mercedes McLaren SLR, not my style but at half a million they are too much money not to get a Ferrari.

Around 8:00 we headed out to a an Italian restaurant in Aqua City. It had a very cool atmosphere, almost like a ball room but there was a balcony near windows facing the inside with tables for two. The music was a cool mix of Brazil 66 stuff.

After dinner I headed out to Flower in Roppongi. One of my friends works there so I was able to get in for free. It was a pretty big party that my friend Aki invited me to, there were about 300 people, but I didn't want to stay out all night or pay $60 for a taxi back so I only stayed for a couple hours and caught the last train home.


No comments: