Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Inaka, Food, Cell Phone TV


Headed to the Ontakesan Dorm which is out in a somewhat type inaka area. Inaka in Japanese means country or countryside. It's amazing in Tokyo how a short train ride can put you in a completely different environment. Compared to Minato-Ku where I live and where school is, Ontakesan is a very quiet area with many people walking or riding bikes in the street and people driving is more rare in comparison.

The Party was put on by the school and they had a ton of food! When i first got there I had a large plate of Yakisoba which is a fried noodle dish that I love, some curry rice, and Temakisushi which is similar to a maki roll but rolled into a cone shape. After that they started grilling burgers, and hot dogs outside and I had one of both. Then I just sat next to where the sushi was being made and ate way too much sushi. One of my friends Ken was making it and he made over 100 of them.

Around 6:00 I headed home with a full stomach for Dinner. My host mom made Yakitori which is like a Shishkabob and the usual complement of Rice, Miso soup and some vegetables.

On TV tonight they had a show talking about the many uses that the Cell phones have. They showed how you can watch TV and some even have a screen that turns sideways for a nice widescreen display. It also showed how you can listen to music,the radio, use the phone as a personal GPS system, buy pop from a vending machine or go through the gates for the train, the video phone cabability that some have and of course the camera which on some models are on par with highend digital cameras. After that I watched one of my favorite shows on channel 8 Oniyomi Dairies which is a funny show about a Husband and Wife in where the husband always finds himself in trouble with his wife.

No comments: