Wednesday, June 6, 2007

School, Class, and a late night Onsen Run.



Today started out with class like usual, Japanese followed by Art History. Our Midterm for Japanese class will be all oral which will probably be good. The Midterm for Art History will be 2 essay questions which won't be a problem.

After I got home I worked on different school stuff till Dinner. When it hit about 11:00 I wanted to go out so I suggested the Onsen to my Homestay Brother and we were off. It is about 3 stops away from where we live on the Yurikamome line. The Picture at the top is the entrance to the onsen. When we got there I asked if they had a student discount but they didn't. They guy working there told me that he had a friend at Temple.

Since it was late the outside area and most of the restaurants and games were closed for the night but I took a picture of the inside area anyhow so you can get a idea. From there we headed into the onsen were we wound up talking with 2 French guys, one of whom was in the wine business fulfilling the stereo type completely. The French guys were with a Korean/Japanese guy who we spoke with in English and Japanese.

When we left it was about 1:30 or so and the trains had stopped so we had to take a taxi home but split between two people and the short distance it wasn't bad at all. The distance is walkable but after a hour or more at the Onsen the last thing you want to do is walk for 15 minutes.

Japanese taxis are always very clean and the driver opens the door for you via a switch in the front of the car. Toyota makes a model of car that I believe is only for Taxi use because I've never seen it being driven in non-Taxi form. The Taxi's in Japan vary on the type of vehicle. I have seen Prius Taxis', the Toyota Hybrid and also larger taxi's that use what are Japanese Luxury vehicles in the US such as the Lexus GS300 (Toyota Aristo) or the Infiniti M45 (Nissan Fuga)

No comments: