Saturday, June 9, 2007

Samba Festival, Bowling, and Shimbashi


Today was pretty fun. Started with a trip to Hibiya Park where they had a Samba Festival. This was crazy. There were about 20 people on stage dancing however they wanted and there were people on and around the stage playing drums and other percussion instruments while other people roatated on the mic and singing. One of the girls that was dancing my friend and I agreed that she was the best and I got a picture with her.

After that we headed to Shibuya the place in "Lost in Translation" where there was the dinosaur on the screen and we went bowling. The bowling allies are pretty cool in that they show a camera of the bowler when they are bowling and switch to another camera that shows how the ball knocks the pins down at the end of the lane. Another thing that is interesting is for getting shoes there is almost like a shoe vending machine that supplies the shoes unless you are a larger size like myself where you need to ask at the counter.

I bowled a pretty bad game, I guess because I was distracted by all the lights and cute OL's in the lane next to us. Anyhow, headed back home for some Unagi Don which is Eel over rice and of course the usual accompaniment of Miso Soup, Rice, and vegatables.

When we finished dinner we had Ice Cream for desert and watched the movie Gattaca which is a great movie.

In the evening we headed to Shimbashi where we met up with my friend Michael from the KCP language school that I studied at and checked out a pretty cool bar before heading back for sleep.

No comments: