Thursday, June 14, 2007

School, Bank Account, and Rain

Before school today I went to Mitsubishi UFJ and opened a bank account. They made a ATM card for me instantly but the card unfortunately is ATM only so I can't use it like a credit or Debit card. I received a check from Temple for my school loan with my name on it but with the Address of Temple school. For some reason they cut me a check and then I need to deposit it and transfer the funds to the school. It's really dumb. So I wanted to deposit this check in my Japanese account so I could transfer the funds easily but like most things in Japan there is a strict set of rules that must be followed. Because the address on the check is different from where I'm living I was unable to deposit the check and even if I were able to deposit it, the check would take 4 weeks to clear since it's a US check. Again I don't know why Temple does it this way instead of just transferring the funds to the Japan campus but whatever. So now I have to withdraw the needed funds from my US account via ATM and deposit it into my Japanese account so I can have the money transferred to TUJ. Pain in the butt.


After that I had Intellectual Heritage and Race Studies like usual and headed home for dinner. It was raining tonight so I walked along the beach to the other side to take this pic of "the Decks" which is a shopping plaza and you can see Fuji TV in the back which is supposed to be 100% earthquake proof.

No comments: