Sunday, May 13, 2007

Shopping

Today I went to the store and exchanged the camera for a different one. The first one I bought was a Olympus that used special olympus cards which I don't want to buy so I exchanged it for a Nikon that uses SD cards. After that I got a cell phone from AU because they have a student discount. While the phone isn't that cool looking, it does everything I need it to and it's still cooler then most of the phones in the US.
After that I met up with one of my teachers from KCP language school. I had a crush on here back when I was at KCP and I guess I still kinda do. We met up at the Tokyo Teleport which is a station near where I live and went to Starbucks. There we had some coffee and talked about whatever.
After that we went to the pet store which consists mostly of very small dogs and cats, some birds, and a Monkey. There are some other pets too but those are the only ones that anyone cares about.
After that we went to the store right next to the pet store which is like a Japanese Spencers. They have all kinds of interesting junk there that you don't need at all but want, for example a stuffed Mario Hat which cannot be worn but used as a pillow.
From there we headed to the arcade where she kicked my butt in Taiko drum Master, and Basketball. We played a game together where targets show up on a screen and you throw balls at the screen to hit the targets. That game was a lot of fun! From there we played a racing game where I finally won.
Next we went to the beach area and walked along the boardwalk next to the beach. She really seemed to enjoy it and took many pictures. The weather was perfect and there was a cool breeze blowing. We walked along the beach till we came to the Japanese Statue of Liberty which is about 1/4th the size of the US one but it was also a gift from France. Walked around the area a bit more before we headed to a Tonkatsu restaurant for dinner. The Odaiba area is a pretty popular date spot because of the view of the Ocean, Rainbow bridge, and the city itself. The Tonkatsu restaurant is on the 5th floor and actually has a balcony that we were able to sit on while we ate. It provided a great view of the area and a very cool atmosphere. When it was time to leave she paid for the meal which I didn't expect, but I guess it's ok.

No comments: