Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Meeting the girl from Tokyo Midtown.

This morning I woke up from the sunlight spilling into my room and looked misread my analog clock in my room to say 7:30. I thought I was late for school and quickly got dressed and combed my hair. Then I looked at the clock in the living room and realized that it was only 5:45. When I realized this I went back to sleep and woke again at 7:00, ate breakfast, and headed to school.


I had Japanese and Art History classes but before I headed back home I stopped at the 7-11 to pick up a Melon Pan, which is one of my favorite Japanese treats. Once I got home I finished watching "Children of Men" which was a pretty good movie but a bit different from what I had expected.


The picture is from outside Shinagawa station. They have big stone hearts on pillars on both sides of that street. There is a ton of public art in Tokyo so I think there is always something cool to look at. Also in that picture the Orange store front is one of my favorite Japanese food chains called Yoshinoya. They are famous for their Gyuudon which is basically a rice bowl with beef on top. It's super good and super cheap!
Shinagawa station is a pretty large station and it seems like it's almost as busy as Shinjuku station. When I got to Shinagawa I realized that I had been there before in 2005 when I visited the Mitsubishi Showroom.
Anyhow, I met up with the girl from Tokyo Midtown at 6:00 and we walked around the area looking at different restaurants. We wound up going to a Thai restaurant where I ordered Pad Thai, and she ordered Thai fried rice, a salad, and a appetizer. She's not a big girl at all but she sure could eat a lot. From there we headed to Starbucks and talked for a while. She works as a "receptionist" kinda? At Tokyo midtown standing around all day, smiling, and handing out maps and telling people where places are. She recently has been working PR stuff for Toyota and Lexus explaining about the cars at different events. Like me she also sold Toyotas in the past. From there we headed back to the station where there was a girl that had set up with a amp singing to audio tracks that she made. We watched that for a bit and headed home from there. Tomorrow is my day off and her's as well so we made plans to meet up tomorrow night in Odaiba where I live.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Yoshinoya is so so good! When you click on the picture in the blog it takes up the full screen-- so I made it my desktop background! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

What's a "receptionist" kinda?

Brendan Elliott (武戀殿・絵理夫) said...

Too bad it's not Matsuya, the better gyuudon restaurant. ;)