Monday, May 21, 2007

another day in Japan

Woke up early today for Japanese class which starts at 8:30. This is probably one of my favorite classes because I am able to see how it helps me instantly, unlike Intellectual Heritage which serves no purpose other then to make money for colleges around the world.

After that I had Art History where we talked about Egyptian Art which is something I have always been interested in. I'm one of the only western students in the class so the teacher seems to relate to me. One thing I noticed about school in Japan is that the Japanese students don't really seem to participate in class and usually sit there with blank stares waiting for class to end or just sleep through it.

I got a E-mail from the teacher saying that she had the next 3 days off, so I asked her what she was doing with those 3 days and she said that she didn't really have any special plans. I told her we should meet tomorrow for lunch and we are meeting up in Shinjuku at 11:30 where we will go to a good Omuraisu place I know of.

Omuraisu is a omelet typically filled with rice, ketchup, and some type of meat. It's usually served with a gravy over the top of it and there are many variations of it. It's good.

I didn't really take any pictures today but I will try and take some tomorrow to keep this interesting for you guys.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Mark. Seems like you've been having a very good time in Japan.
However, you made a misspelling. Omurisu seems like a Omu Risu (squirrel). 'Omuraisu' might be a better spelling. Take a picture of Omuraisu!
BTW, are your classes all in Japanese ?