Saturday, September 22, 2007

GABA training

Got up today, put on my suit and headed to Ebisu for GABA training. There were about 14 other teachers there some were native speakers and others had English as a second language. The classroom was just some desks with a bunch of computers and the lessons involved a lot of computer usage and role playing. The guy teaching the class was from Scotland and had a cool Scottish accent which made the class worth going to. Around noon we took a break for lunch and another teacher and I headed to a place called Amapola, which is a really good Italian restaurant although they market themselves at Mediterranean. We ordered pasta and pizza and the sauce on the pasta was some of the best I have had, it was a tomato sauce with a strong cheese flavor that made it all worth while. After that we headed back to class and our teacher let us out around 6:00.

I stopped home, changed out of my suit and headed to Ginza where I met up with Daniel and Mike, two good friends from when I was in Japan in 2005. We walked around Ginza looking for a place called the Three Hundred Bar which is a bar that as the name implies, sells all it's items for 300yen. It has a pretty cool atmosphere and for some reason always has a Will Smith movie playing with subtitles. In the evening, they usually have a DJ that comes in and spins for further entertainment.
While I was in training at GABA my host parents and my room mate went shopping and they bought me some of the socks that separate the big toe from a place called SOU・SOU. I haven't been there yet but it sounds like a pretty cool store that sells modern versions of traditional Japanese clothing.

No comments: