Monday, September 24, 2007

Final day of GABA training

The final day of GABA training! It went like usual and ended with a test. I actually found the training pretty worth while and actually learned something which is much more then I expected from it.

Right now the Japanese government is subsidising education costs by 40% so there is a high demand for teachers at GABA to accommodate all the new students. While these subsidies will drop to 20% soon, there will still be many more students then before. Another thing effecting the market here is that NOVA, one of the largest English school chains in Japan is facing financial difficulty because of the way they run the company and the fact that one of the upper management guys took a lot of company money and left the country. This all works in my favor as I get a $100 sign on bonus if I say for 6 months.

No comments: