Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back to the Future!

Got up, packed my carry-on bag and headed to Steve’s to pick up Steve and then to the Cleveland airport. I said goodbye to my family and got on the plane at the scheduled boarding time. There were some issues and we sat that for an hour before taking off. They had to spray the plane down with de-icer and whatever else, but somehow we still arrived at Chicago on time.
I guess a 14 hour flight wasn’t long enough for some people so we sat around in the plane for an extra hour to extend the total time on board to 15 hours. I’m glad I was able to get my money’s worth. I had an aisle seat with an open seat next to me which was nice. The guy in the row in front of me took some sleeping medication and then decided to wash it down with the bottle of duty-free whisky that he bought. After drinking almost the entire bottle he stood up noticeably drunk and got into an argument with the flight attendant at which point he kind of hit/smacked that attendant who forced the man back into his seat and called for help. A cop and a couple Army guys came up and helped hold him down while they decided what to do with him. He was mumbling jibberish and speaking with slurred speech. They wound up hand cuffing the guy but he was still a little crazy so they wound up duck taping him to the seat so he couldn’t move. It was pretty crazy, entertaining, and embarrassing all at once. On the plus side, this made the flight the most exciting I’ve been on and helped to pass the time. The airline took my name and address so I hope they send me some kind of upgrade ticket or something.

No comments: