Friday, April 11, 2008

School, new phone and provider, and hanging out

Headed to school like usual. Accounting 2 we talked about the Final coming up on the 21st and that was about it.
After class Ryu, John, and I all headed to Softbank, one of the top three cell phone providers in Japan. I have AU now cause when I got here they were the only ones with the Student discount, but now Softbank has one, and it's better so I switched to them. With Softbank, you can call other Softbank users for free until 9:00 and E-mail's are free, so since many of my friends use Softbank, it will be a cheaper route over all. With the new contract, I got a new phone and I decided to get a new phone number. They let you pick your own number, so I picked a number similar to my home phone in the US cause I could never remember the number on my AU phone. It was pretty cool, cause they were able to transfer all my info from my old phone to my new phone and there was a option to send out a mail to everyone in my phone telling about the new mail address and number. Makes changing providers very easy and convenient. The Phone I got is pretty cool, it's made by Sharp and uses their Aquos technology for the screen. It has a ton of cool options and came with a couple cool demo games including a pretty decent version of Street Fighter Zero.

After that I had international marketing and then headed home before heading back out to Shinjuku to meet up with my friend Eri from work. We stopped at Club Sega and played Mario Kart for a bit and then headed to Rakeru for Omuraisu. From there we crossed over to the east side and headed to Taito Station for some Purikura. After taking purikura we headed to a bowling alley near by. Most of the Bowling alleys that I've been to here have shoe vending machines for the shoes instead of having a person hand them to you which is pretty interesting. After kicking her butt in bowling we walked around the city for a bit before heading home.

No comments: