Friday, April 4, 2008

School, Earthquakes and Murder!

Wow, today was pretty crazy. When I left my building today there were cops all over the place and there was a section that was blocked off with cameras. I had class so I just continued to accounting. After class Ryu and I worked on our project for Risk Management until International Marketing started. After class, some friends and I all headed to The Soba Hachi, which is a soba restaurant near school that offers a student discount and the owner is very friendly and gave us some free food and drinks. While we were there we saw on the news what the police were doing at my building. The severed torso of a missing Filipino woman was found stuffed in a paper bag in her apartment about 15 floors above where I live! Crazy!

We stayed at the restaurant for a bit longer and felt a smaller earthquake, so that was fun. Then we all went to Karaoke which was also fun. From there we went to Shiba park to get a look at the remaining Sakura and it was full of people on blue tarps sitting below the trees drinking. It's a tradition in Japan to sit and view the trees, but I'm pretty sure it is just another excuse to drink. After that Josh, Ryan, and I headed to A971 for a bit. It was pretty crowded and they were only letting people in a few at a time but one of the girls that worked there recognized us and let us in ahead of everyone else. After that caught the last train home where there were still cops outside and inside the building.

No comments: