Thursday, December 27, 2007

Work and Krispy Kreme Donuts

My manager at work is transfering to another branch and I had a long break between lessons today so I headed to Shinjuku to one of two Krispy Kreme Donut shops in Japan. Since the store has opened there have been lines out the door from open till close everyday. There is always a line in front of the building which extends to the side and usually pretty far past the back of the store. Since I had time and had only eaten Krispy Kreme from gas stations in the US I figured I'd check it out. It was during the week and the afternoon so I only had to wait about 30 minutes before being able to get my dozen and head back to work. Like in the US they give you a free donut sample while you wait in line and I'm guessing the menu is the same. When I told my friend that I was in line he had me buy him a dozen and was very happy to get them. Becasue this is only one of two Krispy Kremes in Tokyo I think my manager really enjoyed it. I guess they are pretty good donuts too, but I still prefer Mr. Donut

No comments: