Saturday, June 14, 2008

Work and Indiana Jones

Headed to work like usual. It was kinda hot today so it didn't seem so busy. After work I headed back home, and my Host Dad told me that the new Indiana Jones was having a pre-screening today and that we'll go tonight. The movie isn't officially released till the 21st next week but since it's been out in the US for a while, it seemed like I've been waiting a long time to see it. Overall I thought the movie was pretty good, but of course the original movies were much better. There were some dumb gimmicks, but nothing too crazy if you compare it to Temple of Doom. It's a fun movie, but like the new Star Wars movies, it could never live up to the hype and expectations. Lucas ruined the Force in Star Wars by explaining it as a genetic thing, he ruined Indiana Jones by having aliens involved in the plot. Smooth Lucas, real smooth. That guys a jerk!

No comments: