Thursday, June 12, 2008

Regular day and a rant about fashion in Japan

School in the morning and work at Night. Japan has a lot of interesting fashion, from very feminine men, to guys that dress and style their hair like Greasers from the 1950's. While I don't do either of those things, one thing that I really enjoy here in Japan is the variety of crazy T-shirts. While in the US people often have shirts or even tattoos with chinese characters on them, English is pretty cool here, so there are many shirts that have English on them. Similar to the shirts with chinese characters in the US, many have no actual meaning and often just feature the other language because it looks cool. There are more than a couple shirts here with English writing that makes no sense at all and can sometimes be very entertaining, especially when it is used on a sign or public place. Anyhow, the store near my house has some kind of shirt sale going on and I took a picture of one of my favorites. The Japanese on the shirt translates to "recycle people after they die", I thought this was pretty funny. Sorry for the quality, there was a sign forbidding pictures so I took it in a hurry and it blurred a bit.

No comments: