Thursday, June 26, 2008

School and work, and toilets in Japan

School like usual and then headed home. In the evening I had work.

When I think about going back to the US, one thing that I think I will miss, is the heated toilet seats everywhere. They are great during the winter to keep your butt warm and the washing feature while weird at first, is great. Some of the toilets have very high tech controls including clocks and they can also be linked to the door to your apartment so they turn off and conserve energy when you are not home. After my first time living in Japan I grew accustomed to this small luxury and when I went back to the US I found myself in a state of severe depression every time I used the toilet. After searching relentlessly online I was able to find some companies that sell heated toilet seats for the US market. Just heat was about $60, I was really close to buying it but there aren't any electric outlets near the toilets so I opted out of the purchase.

No comments: