Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wedding!

I had some confusion with my work schedule but fortunately I was able to close all but one lesson for my Saturday schedule. So I headed to work taught one lesson and then went to Omote-Sando for Hirofumi's wedding. It was at a place called the Anniversaire. When I got there I think I was the only white person there and after meeting my Host Dad I waited in the Kaneko family room where I met some of the other relatives. After that everyone signed the book and handed in their card. From there we all went to the wedding chapel which was kind of attached to the building. It was interesting cause the chapel was built exclusively for western style weddings and had several robotically controlled cameras mounted on the walls pivoting and snapping pictures of the whole ceremony. The "priest" was a older white guy who spoke fluent Japanese in which he conducted the ceremony keeping the typical wedding lines that are said in movies like "you may kiss the bride" or "I now pronounce you husband and wife" in English for effect. For me it was kinda weird seeing the western style wedding in Japan, since it seemed to loose some of the meaning, but I guess it's just my perspective. After that we all headed to the reception hall where we had a awesome meal. I got home around 10:00 and chatted online for a bit till it was time for bed.

No comments: