Monday, May 5, 2008

Harajuku, Asakusa, and Daiba

Met up this morning and headed to Harajuku. We headed to the Uniqlo UT and got some shirts and stuff and then to Meji-Jingu shrine behind the station. After there we went down fashion street. It was pretty busy considering the holiday and the fact that the street is always busy.
From Harajuku we stopped over in Tamachi and went to Azabu Ramen for lunch before heading back to the Hotel to drop off our purchases.
After a short break at the hotel we headed to Asakusa where we walked down the main street there to Sensoji Temple. From there we headed to the Taiko Museum near by and looked around. There was a guy there who took all of a certain type of stick and weighed each one before making his purchase. I bet he was crazy good at Taiko. I asked him about what he was doing and what sticks he recommended. He was pretty helpful and impressed when I told him that I did it for a bit in the US and that my brother is doing it now.

From the Taiko Museum we went to Mr Donuts nearby and then took the Seabus to Hinode.
The Seabus was sweet! It was only 780 yen and went under 13 bridges that were all lit up cool at night.
At Hinode we jumped on the Yurikamome and headed to Daiba. In Daiba we went to La Boheme in Aqua City, which was always good. After dinner we headed to the Pet Shop to see the monkey they have for sale but someone had bought it. We checked out some of the shops there and then headed to Venus Fort a floor above and walked around there for a bit and headed back to the station.
After I dropped my real parents off at the station I ran into my host parents who had just finished watching a movie and we all went to Tully's Coffee for um... coffee.

No comments: