Friday, May 9, 2008

Taking the parents to the airport, ironing, and hanging out with Eri

Got up super early today and met up with my parents in Tamachi. From there we headed to Narita to catch their 11:10 flight back to the US. It was kinda weird going home cause I had gotten so used to having them with me everywhere I went that when I still looked back when I was on the escalator. After the long train ride back to Tokyo I was back in regular Japan mode I guess.
When I got home I did some laundry that had accumulated during the past couple weeks and tried to organize my room a bit. I went to a couple stores nearby looking for a new shirt that would fit well for the wedding and after having 3 different stores tell me that my arms are too long but they could order shirts, I wound up at Zara where I was able to get a shirt that fit well.
In the evening Eri came to Daiba and we went to the Sony ExploraScience science center. It was ok, they had some cool stuff but some of the things there seemed more like promotions for Sony products and not really science related. I guess after going to the Great Lakes Science Center in Cleveland, this one seemed a little lacking. Wow, usually I talk about how much better the Japanese version of something is, I guess this is one of the exceptions. From there we went to Kua'aina for dinner. It was good as usual and after we checked out the Toys R' Us that is near by. It was definitely smaller then the one I had been to in the US, but had many different toys that can't be found in the US as well. One things we saw there that we both found interesting was the drinks for kids that are made to look like beer. One was called "Kids' drink" (こどもののみもの). I'm sure if a product like this was released in the US there would be a lot of people complaining about it. Check the web link and click on the "CM" link in the side bar, they have many of the commercials for the drink and they are pretty funny.
After that we headed to the Giant Ferris Wheel and rode it. That thing really goes up high, and it does get a little scary, but it's a lot of fun. From there we headed to the Amusement Land nearby and did some Purikura. When that was done we headed to the beach and hung out there till it was time to go home.

No comments: