Thursday, May 22, 2008

No School and meeting a friend

The teacher from Operations Management is still in the US so class was canceled. In the morning I got a call from Kate, a girl I worked with at Classic Toyota in the US. She won a contest and Toyota sent her and some other sales people to Japan. They had a really good trip starting off in Nagoya, looking at Toyota city and the plants there. I think yesterday they came to Tokyo and had a pretty full itinerary. Since tomorrow is a holiday we decided to meet up after work. After work I headed to the Imperial Hotel where she was staying. It was pretty nice and the room that she was staying at was about $600 a night. Anyhow she wanted me to show some cool stuff in Tokyo but since I finished work at 10 and it was a Thursday a lot of places were closed. We stopped at Harajuku and then Shinjuku. After walking around we caught the train back and I went home. She'll be flying home business class, so Toyota really hooked it up nice!

No comments: