Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hair cut, Karaoke, meeting Aki, and Tokyo Tower

I needed a new hair cut pretty badly so I met up with my parents this morning and we headed to Shinjuku where I get my hair cut. They did some shopping while I was getting my hair cut and after we headed to Daiba where they did some more shopping while I took a shower. Since we had been thinking about the Hawaiian burger place since we ate there we tried the Kua'aina in Daiba. It was pretty good and the one in Daiba offers a good view of Rainbow Bridge. After dinner we headed over to the Amusement Land by the Ferris Wheel and did Purikura and sang Karaoke for an hour.
When that hour ended we jumped on the Rinkai line and headed back to Shinjuku to meet up with Aki. She is a good friend that I met when she did a study abroad to the US when I was just starting college. My parents hadn't seen here for at least 6 years so it was good that we could all meet up. We went to a Tonkatsu place in the NS Building and then made a quick stop at Club Sega for 4-player Mario Kart.
After that Mom, Dad, and I all headed to Daimon to take a look at Tokyo Tower up close. While it just looks OK during the day, like most things in Tokyo it looks best at night. We walked around the tower and then checked out a near by temple but couldn't really check it out that much cause it was being renovated. Before heading back we were all feeling thirsty and there wasn't anything in the vending machines that seemed appealing at the time. So after checking a couple combini's we wound up at Family Mart. How appropriate.

No comments: