Friday, February 1, 2008

School, getting my license translated, and A971

Headed to accounting and after class Josh, Ryan, and I all headed to JAF
to get my license translated so I can take the driving test and get a Japanese drivers license. On the way there we passed a Ferrari Dealership and they didn't have a F430 hardtop so I'm holding off on my purchase for now. When we got to JAF they had us fill out a form and it was about a 30 minute wait while they did the translation. At the place they had a driving simulator that was pretty good. It moved very realistically and everything from the Headlights, to the Hazards all opperated like a normal car. There were day time city driving tracks, night driving, and you could even run a few laps on Suzuka Circuit in a S2000 complete with a working handbreak!

After that was finished we headed to Mos Burger for lunch and then back to school where I put a couple finishing touches on my paper for International Marketing and handed it in.
At night I met up with Josh and Ryan at Roppongi Hills where we picked up movie tickets for the movie "Earth" which we are going to see tomarrow night. In Tokyo movie theaters tend to fill up pretty fast regardless of the film and tickets usually need to be purchased in advance. Most theaters have assigned seating and after the movie most people remain sitting will after most of the credits roll.
Anyhow from there we headed to Heartland an upscale bar that is a popular meeting spot and famous for the Heartland Beer. Heartland Beer brewed by Kirin is made 100% from wheat giving it a western flavor that is usually not found in Japanese beer.
After we headed to A971, met up with some friends and hung out till the last train.

No comments: