Wednesday, February 13, 2008

School, cakes, and cops

Headed in to accounting today. The teacher "randomly" selected two of my friends and I to present the Harvard case study that he had assigned and it was big fun. After class, Ryu one of his friends and I all headed to Pacific Currents, a really good Italian place near school. From there I headed back to school and read the finance book till it was time for International Marketing.
When class finished I headed to work, did a couple lessons and headed home. My friend Mason is trying to make a cake for his girlfriend for Valentine's Day and he realized that he didn't have a oven so my host mom said that he could use theirs. After trying in vain to make frosting out of cream and sugar he gave up and drove the batter in pans to my place where I put them in the oven. Not wanting to pay for parking he parked on the street and left the hazards on. We went into the 99 shop in search of frosting and even with the dictionary built into the phone it was difficult to ask where the frosting was. After showing the dictionary and having the worker show it to his manager he almost gave up. Near some of the other dairy we found whipped cream and it was good enough.
Headed back home to check the cake, it needed more time so we headed to the car to put the whipped cream in the car and found a cop car stopped by his car and the cops were investigating his car. We walked over and talked with the cops. They searched his car and us. We explained that we are students and that Mason was in the process of making a cake for his girlfriend and it was pretty interesting. The cops were actually pretty nice and the one even gave us his business card and they bowed and said "excuse me" to us before they left. After moving to a nearby parking lot we headed back to the house and found that the cakes were done. The parking fee was about $6 but the cakes were done so It worked out ok. Hopefully they taste good.

No comments: