Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fireworks

Work like usual but after I changed and headed to Daiba for the annual Fire Works in Tokyo Bay. I took the Yamanote to Shinbashi and when I got to Shinbashi Station the Yurikamome part of the station was packed. They were really controlling the amount of people in and out of the station and there was a huge line to get on the train. After about 10 minutes I didn't want to waste anymore time so I walked about 2 minutes to Shiodome station and was able to get on the train right away. Guess knowing the lines helps. Anyhow when I got there the cops had roped off a lot of the area around the beach to prevent people from crowding in areas but this made it really difficult to get around. I was supposed to meet up with my host family and I wasn't able to get a hold of them cause everyone was calling and mailing pictures of the fireworks so it took a while before I was able to meet up with them but then I was finally able to sit down and enjoy the fireworks.

No comments: