Monday, May 11, 2009

Cleaning, Shibuya, and hanging out

Morning I cleaned my room and did some laundry and in the afternoon I headed out to Shibuya in hopes of getting some new pants but all the jeans that I liked had button flys which I don't like, so I didn't get anything. On the way back to the station I saw a guy set up there with a mic, singing and dancing around with maracas. You can see the white Rolls Royce parked on the street behind him so somehow this guy is really rich. He has his shows name on the side of the car and those professional signs made up. His driver who you can't see in the picture just stands there and waits for him to finish his routine. The banner on the left says "Japan Smile Party" but party, like a political party. Kinda weird. They guys has a music company and a smile therapy company which explains his cash.
In the evening I met up with a friend in Ikebukuro. We were gonna go to Namjatown but I'm not really familiar with the station and it's poorly labeled so we wound up wondering around for an hour and finally getting there once it closed. After that we went to an Okonomiyaki place for dinner and then to the game center nearby.
On the platform in the station they have a huge display for the Sokenbicha, which is a tea that is supposed to be good for your skin. It's made by Coke and was originally marketed towards girls. They changed the formula slightly and are marketing it towards guys as well now.

No comments: