Monday, November 3, 2008

Culture Day

Today was a holiday. Culture Day. Not sure what happens on this day, but I guess it's cultural. Got up and played around on the computer for a bit then headed out to Shinjuku. I went to Ootoya for lunch where I got some deep fried breaded oysters which were pretty good. Then I headed to the Shiatsu message place and got a message which hurt a bit while it was happening but felt great after. After that I went to a store nearby and picked up some more CD-R's since I was out.
When I got home I grabbed dinner from Origin Bento and then worked on school stuff at home. While I was sitting at my desk I heard some kind of crazy noise that sounded like a giant robot tearing through the town and decimating everything in it's path. As it got closer I realized that it was people playing drums for culture day. I headed out to see what it was all about. They had two mobile shrines that they were wheeling down the street and many people had hand drums that they were playing. I took a picture but it was already dark so it didn't come out too well.

No comments: