Monday, September 22, 2008

School, Jiro, Burger King

School in the morning like usual. During Finance my friend John mailed my friend Beck who isn’t in the class and told him to get Ramen Jiro take-out. He did and had it back at the school about 15 minutes before class ended. John was like “the noodles are gonna get soggy, I’m gonna leave now” and left class early. It was hilarious. After a good lunch of Ramen, Beck and I headed to the Lawson near Tamachi station cause he left his book there and got it back.

Then we went to the bank where I need to open a new account. My apartment only accepts payments from a certain bank so I need to have an account specific to that bank. The banking system here is really inconvenient and most practices seem quite dated. With the .01% interest and all the ATM fees, I’m amazed that people even use banks. Anyhow I couldn’t open an account cause I had not yet updated my Foreigner Registration Card so I headed to Minato-ku Ward office to get the address updated. I was told that you go to the office that you used to live in, not the one that you will live in to update, but this was incorrect information. I had to get back to school for law class so I headed back to school. After law I headed to Oimachi cause that is where the Shinagawa Ward office is located and wandered around for a bit looking for it. After realizing that I was reading the directions incorrectly I found the office but it was already closed, so I headed to the Burger King that is there and then back home. In the evening I watched “Tropic Thunder” but I didn’t think it was as funny as everyone had told me.

No comments: