Thursday, March 17, 2011

Checking out the City



Today I headed out in the morning till afternoon walking along the coast and checking out part of the city. It was a little warmer and we checked out a popular shopping center. The people here are more friendly than in Tokyo and at one point just taking pictures around the beach and a group of school girls came up and started taking pictures with my friend and I. It was pretty funny.
I can understand a bit about why the people here complain about the bases here since the pilots are doing practice flights around the city often making it difficult to have a conversation but at the same time it's pretty cool seeing some of those jets just flying over the city.

In the afternoon we met up with Charles and he showed us some of the places in the area but I guess cause it was cold there weren't many people out.

Despite what news you may have heard Tokyo is almost back to normal. I have over 10 friends who stayed and I probably got more radiation on my flight to Okinawa than if I had stayed in Tokyo. The radiation levels in the city are back to normal. While some foods are hard to come by there is no food shortage in Tokyo. Many of the shops have shipped their breads and other select food items to help in Sendai and the housewives

1 comment:

Miyu said...

Hi, nice to meet you! Are you stay at Japan?? thanks for ur cool pictures :)