Monday, March 21, 2011

Back to Tokyo

o today was my last day in Okinawa. In Okinawa is the 2nd largest aquarium in the world. The Churaumi Aquarium is huge and the glass is super thick. Really amazing to see.

In the evening I headed to the airport and 3 hours later found myself back in a much colder Tokyo. After having almost a week of warm sunny weather in Okinawa it was hard to readjust to Tokyo.

Another thing that I noticed as soon as I left the airport was how much darker Tokyo seemed. While the blackouts never really occurred in the core part of Tokyo for more than a couple days most of the city was very dark due to a new voluntarily power saving policy that is in effect. Most stores and restaurants have their front signs off and are using reduced lighting indie as well. The trains had many of the signs turned off and also were operating with reduced lighting. I actually like it cause it seems much more relaxed. Anyhow I was pretty tired and just went home, unpacked and went to sleep.

Below is a video explaining everything that has been happening with the Nuclear Plant here in Japan in case you haven't been following the news.

No comments: