Wednesday, June 9, 2010

License and work

Got up early today and headed out to Samezu. After the same orientation from last time each of the 13 people there took the test. I was one of three that passed. After passing the test I had to pay 2100 yen and then wait 30 minutes to receive a PIN code for the license. After receiving my code I headed downstairs to the picture room and got my picture taken. Once the picture is taken it takes about an hour to make the actual license so I headed across the street for Sukiya. When I got back I waited a bit longer and then got my license. The final step was to take the license and put it on a IC card reader to check that the data registered with the card matches up in the database. With my new Japanese driver's license I headed home and then worked in the evening like usual.

No comments: