Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Driving test and work

Got up early today and headed to Samezu with all my paperwork for my driving test. It was cool cause on the train this morning I saw the commercial with me on the train. Anyhow, I got to the test center and checked in. All the foreigners are put in a group since we are all changing from a foreign licence to a Japanese licence. The course is a little different from the Japanese course in that it's simpler since everyone should already ave more than 6 months of driving experience in America. After an explanation from the instructor we each took turns driving a 2004 Lancer through the course. If you want a licence that allows you to drive manual transmission you have to take the test on a manual car. You get to ride in the back for the test of the person taking it before you to get a feel for the track.
If you don't pass you get a yellow slip are told what you did wrong and then you can reschedule to retake it. I did ok, but kept on hitting the windshield wipers when trying to signal for turns and took the corners faster than the evaluator would have liked. I rescheduled for next week and headed home. In the evening I had work like usual.

No comments: