Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hanami and Party

Today I headed to Shinmaruko where I met up with Dave and some other friends. From there we took a bus to a park in Kawasaki for "Hanami" which directly translated means flower viewing. This is the Japanese tradition of enjoying food and alcohol under the cherry blossoms. A bar owner that my friend Dave knows was hosting the party which included drinks and food. I think we were there for four or five hours. Near the park was a big gym and when I went inside to use the bathroom I saw a karate tournament going on. It was a lot like Karate Kid and the one guy kept on trying to sweep the leg.
After that we all headed to Shibuya for sushi and then hung out at Hub for a bit. From there I headed to Roppongi and met up with some other friends at a party at A-life.

No comments: