Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Windows 7 whopper and teaching kids

Today I had work at 7, taught one lesson and then headed home. I headed back out around 10 and met up with Fumi at Burger King in Oimachi to try the new Windows 7 whopper. It's the same as a regular whopper but with 7 patties of meat. If you are one of the first 30 people to buy it that day it's 777 yen, and after that goes up to a regular price. When Fumi and I got there at 10:30 30 people had already purchased the burger and the lady working told us that 30 had been sold before it even hit 9:00am. Who eats that big of a burger that early in the morning? It's crazy. Anyhow after we got and ate the burger we had in pain in the Burger King for a while and then headed to the combini to get the black tea to help deal with the large amount of grease in our stomachs. From there I headed back home and tried to stay still until 12:00 when I headed out to Shinkoiwa on the east side.
When I got to Shinkoiwa, I met up with Witter and some people he works with to work at a Halloween party/ English school for kids. All the kids were dressed up in different costumes. We basically did 3 separate parties for 3 groups of kids and then headed to a pasta place near the station. After some food we headed to an Izakaya and had a couple beers. I headed home around 11:30.

2 comments:

Brendan Elliott (武戀殿・絵理夫) said...

Awesome, you were able to try the Windows 7 whopper! :)

Now do you have Win7 on your laptop yet? It's a great OS, and I'm not just saying that because I worked on it; you really won't want to go back to XP or Vista after using it. ;)

Rich said...

Wow that's huge, something I would expect to see in the US not Japan lol.