Wednesday, September 30, 2009

School and some politics

Headed to school a little earlier today to work on Accounting. After class I headed home. I saw this poster near the station and thought it was kinda funny. Since I got here in 2002 Japan has gone through at least three different prime ministers with the last one getting the worst approval rating yet. Like the United States, Japan recently had a major change in political party. Instead of the LDP (Librial Democratic Party) the main party is the JDP (Japan Democratic Party). It was interesting cause the JDP used the a very Obama style campaign, using words like "change" and "hope".
Anyhow the last prime minister wasn't the best speaker and was known for using Japanese that the Shogun would use when addressing peasants or not being able to read some Kanji in speeches that he gave.

1 comment:

Jimmy Hau said...

haha, I've actually seen that too near the Shinjuku station last week before I came back to New York City. I miss Tokyo already. =(